- over the weekend i went to austin for a bachelorette party. i had a crazy mix of good and bad expectations going into it. i don’t know why i set expectations, but it always creates more stress than is needed. the weekend was great. i was able to reconnect with some friends from college that i have not kept in touch with, drank a little too much, and laughed the whole way through.
- last tuesday i cut my thumb, and it required me to get a single stitch. i felt silly going to the clinic to get my thumb sowed up, but now it’s kind of interesting watching it heal.
- i have a friend who is about to have a very exciting month, launching a global campaign for work, climbing mount kilimanjaro, and skydiving with his dad. one thing i really enjoy about getting older is watching your friends succeed and being filled with all the joy for them.
- b. and i have some pretty crazy weekends coming up. lots of travel, a couple weddings, festivals, and family time. it should be good, but it makes me a little tried thinking about it.
- i am so excited for christmas. i love the holidays as is, but this year i am more excited. i don’t know if it’s because it will be my first as a married lady or that i may get to host some of it, but i can’t wait. i am already party planning, recipe gatherings, and dreaming of decorations.
Oh my God, what if you wake up some day, and you’re 65, or 75, and you never got your memoir or novel written; or you didn’t go swimming in warm pools and oceans all those years because your thighs were jiggly and you had a nice big comfortable tummy; or you were just so strung out on perfectionism and people-pleasing that you forgot to have a big juicy creative life, of imagination and radical silliness and staring off into space like when you were a kid? It’s going to break your heart. Don’t let this happen.
The other true story behind ‘Orange Is the New Black’
i, like most people, have become enamored with ‘orange is the new black’. i bought the book, and read it in two days. i’ve read every page of piper kerman’s website, and now i have an opinion about the rights of prisoners. something i had never really thought about before.
this is a long read, but a quality read. learning about the real piper and larry has been very interesting. larry on the show is a schmuck. larry in real life seems pretty cool.